N.B// UPDATE: December 2014 Trade Me acquired Viewing Tracker (which is fantastic news for the software as we will continue to make it bigger and better!). However, in saying that, the story below gives some understanding as to why the software was built.
Viewing Tracker was created and developed by Aaron Clancy – but like all good ideas, there’s a story behind Viewing Tracker, and this is how it went!
Mid 2012 I was looking after 250 properties by myself and it was during a time when the number of properties for rent were above average. Lots of listings equaled lots of enquiries from prospective tenants wanting to view our properties.
I remember one day when I was out of the office for a day and a half and was only checking urgent emails. When I got back to the office, I checked my email folder where all our enquiries automatically go and there were 37 sitting there!
It had got to the stage where I hated getting enquiries from people wanting to view our properties. It was such a nightmare trying to organise viewing times.
The process went something like this:
– Enquiry comes in with person wanting to see one of our properties for rent
– I email person back asking if they can do tomorrow at 5pm
– Person responds saying no can I do 7pm tomorrow
– I respond yes and email current tenant in property and ask if I can do a viewing tomorrow at 7pm
– Current tenant responds no and says it doesn’t suit, can I do the day after at 7pm
– I email original person wanting to see the property, and say we have to do the day after at 7pm
– Person responds saying yes
– I turn up to property hoping they show – sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t!!!!!
– Repeat process for other properties I am trying to rent
Now when dealing with numerous vacancies, this process can be extremely stressful and a huge burden on a property managers time! I thought there had to be a better way. At the time there was nothing available to fill this void, and Viewing Tracker was born!
After 6 months of building and lots of correspondence with property managers around the world, Viewing Tracker was developed. It is now used by property managers big and small who value their time and don’t want to deal with the headaches involved with organising viewings and tracking applicants.
If you have a suggestion for Viewing Tracker or have a question for me, feel free to get in touch.
I look forward to helping you and your property management company be the best it can!